Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Eat Local! Cowbell Restaurant

Despite the amount of bacon and hamburger related posts on this blog, one of the food trends that has had my knickers wet lately is the Locavore movement. Probably not long after that disgusting "Where does Walmart get their Chicken" thing went around the internet a few years ago, I decided to put more effort into buying my food locally. I'm not talking about "certified organic" or "free range", I'm talking about looking at the name of the farm where you get your meat from and researching it. Visiting farmers markets is another great way to buy local, and I promise you will notice a difference.

Here's a video that I just stumbled on from the people at Toronto Standard. It documents the precise and thoughtful motions that Chef Mark Cutrara takes to create the weekly menu at his Locavore restaurant, Cowbell (in Parkdale, Toronto). There's just something about this video that gives me a hard on.


The colour of the meat and the care that this Chef/Butcher puts into his food is incredible. I can't wait to get down to Queen St West and try it out. Luckily, I'm moving across the street in a week ;)

Check out Cowbell here, and a round up of some more Locavore Restaurants on BlogTO.



No comments:

Post a Comment