Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Grilled cheese w extra cheese, plus cheese.

Woke up this morning with a hankerin for something heavy.  Usually, this would involve a trip down to Papa Ceo's Pizza for a Rambo slice, but the past few times I've been there I've noticed a lack of freshness so I've since banished them from my eat-out menu.  Not knowing where I'd end up, I staggered out my front door in search of a cup o' joe to loosen up my daily constipational.  I've been eyeing up a cheese shop named Chabichou for some time now, and noticed that they also sell espresso, so I thought 'what the fuck' and gave her a whirl.
What to my wondering eyes do appear: The Greasy, Cheesy Great Goddess of Grilled Cheese herself:


This bitch is cheesy. I'm no slouch when it comes to grilled cheese - I've tried most varieties; bacon, prosciutto, double-decker, rosemary seasoned and fried to name a few - but this may just take the cake.  What we have here is a grilled cheese sammy, packed with ham, cheddar and swiss cheese, then smothered in a thick layer of cheddar and swiss and baked to melted-perfection.  I strongly maintain that all food should be covered in cheese or wrapped in bacon, and this is definitely a good start.  Coupled with a mean triple espresso for breakfast, I don't really know what my guts have made of this mess but I'm sure it's going to be anything but healthy.  Screw it, this was a damn good dish and exercise in gluttony.

Five out of five greasy thumbs up.

1 comment:

  1. that pic makes my mouth water!
    you may be bunged up for a week, but it looks worth it...

    ReplyDelete